Is any solution or workaround to this for Jira Cloud.
Hello,
Summary must be less than 255 characters. You can not change it. Use the description field. Summary must be a short representation of your issue.
@Alexey MatveevCould you please navigate me to the page where such limits are declared/posted.
I ve never met such a limit in an official doc. But it is there.
You can't "fix" it because it's not broken. You can't change it on Cloud (and I wouldn't try it on Jira Server because you'd have to rewrite the core code).
Text fields are limited by the code to match the smallest allowable text field in the standard databases (i.e. 254)
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-I want to know such limits.
Why? Your users won't remember, and if they go over them, the system will either not let them over-fill the field, or tell them they can't commit oversized strings.
But generally 254 and 32767 are the two limits for short and long text.
Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-.
Actually I am migrating from Assembla to Jira with more than 10k tickets. That's why I want to know such limitations.
Hi,In my case it seems to be 100 characters and jira truncates the message to make sure that the front/end of the summary is visible, but replaces the content with '...'. Any ideas where to look for possible configuration issue?Kind regardsDawid
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.