Scenario:
- Issue X is created and assigned a 'Fix Version'.
- Issue reaches the end of its workflow (a 'Done' state, and is resolved). The team is under the impression that this has been actioned properly.
- A deployment occurs and it is discovered that the issue wasn't really resolved.
Do you:
- Pull the issue back into an 'In Progress' / 'To Do' state, change / add to the Fix Version, and comment on it?, or
- Create a new issue referencing the existing 'completed' issue, meaning that anyone watching / actioning the issue will have to consult the original issue for more context.
The ideal solution is "everything should be fixed before a deployment and your testing / CI should pick this up before it happens", but this is not the reality.
I suppose that this is fairly dependent upon my workflow, which I've attached. We haven't begun the crux of our Jira migration yet so this workflow is highly theoretical and isn't remotely set in stone, so I'm happy to take "your workflow is wrong, and here's why" as an answer. However I've determined that Jira Software's 'Releases' functionality expects issues to be resolved before you can release (it'll let you, but it'll whinge about it first, so I suspect that it's not something I should be doing). So please keep this in mind.
Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.