Your account can't be deleted because:
Then I got a reply that was sheer gibberish. I WANT THIS ACCOUNT TOTALLY DELETED NOW.
Seems clear enough. You need to have your account removed from the Technical Contact or Primary Billing Contact fields. Log into your account and see which of those you are set as. Or if you paid more than $10 for the license, then contact Atlassian Support for help.
Also, this community isn't really a threat sort of place.
It's an angrier duplicate of https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Account-deletion/qaq-p/981739 where I said mostly the same thing, although I think your answer is written more clearly (as usual!)
It is a shame that someone lashes out at those trying to help, when the problem is that they are not understanding what was said before. Let's hope your answer is more clear!
OK. Both of you are speaking some kind of language that I cannot understand and I am an English Major.
Your jargon is foreign to a guy who just now was fooled into registering with this site, which I am unclear what it does or why I wound up here. I don't know what "technical Contact" or "Primary Billing Contact Fields" mean.
I did not spend any money because I didn't supply any payment information.
I log into my account and I DON'T SEE any of the fields of options you two have posted here.
I tried to contact Atlassian Support and I get dink. Just a cycle that talks to me in the same damn gibberish and the option to send yet another Support Ticket or a question to the community.
As for Nic, yes, I am lashing out. This little diversion cost me about an hour of time and frustration and counting. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE!!!!! I DO NOT KNOW THE INTRICACIES OF YOUR INTERFACE NOR DO I WANT TO!!!
Matt's answer is even less clear than the first one.
It is impossible to think in this time in computing that a man can't just simply delete an account without wasting all this time and emotion.
I did not buy or pay for anything. I don't know all of these terms you are using. Just please send me to a live support person or someone else who can get me out of this.
Here is the cursed interface I get.
I don't see the word SYSTEMS anywhere I clicked on the > to open the top drop down menu. The only live link takes me to yet another confusing interface for something called Jira.
In plain English and using terms displayed on this interface, how do I get rid of this account?
@[deleted]
We understand your frustration.
Please click here, make sure to select My account. Request your account to be deleted.
Atlassian Team will be more than happy to help you with any request.
Best,
Please help me, i can't delete my account
As above. Go to your account, then settings, and click delete.
If that does not give you an "account deleted" message, you will need to deal with the error message it gives you. If you get an unexpected response and want our help with it, you need to tell us what the error(s) are.
You need to do what the error message tells you. By "fix" it means make someone else the primary billing contact and technical contact on all the products you have.
What if I am the only person involved so that there is no one else interested in the products I have?
I cannot transfer ownership to other users since there are no other users interested in these unused and not wanted resources.
I wish to delete those products so that I can then delete my Atlassian account.
Same here. It's always the same. If I had known this, I would not have signed up to try those products out. I didn't mean to be associated with them FOREVER, I just wanted to test a trial and that's it. And usually you can just delete something if it is just a free trial, there is no need to stay assigned as owner for a period of time (or forever?) I'm writing the support to delete my account, maybe this will help. Jesus Christ.
Let them lapse.
7 days for Cloud, 31 for Server. (For server, you can log in and delete the trial though).
Or, click the couple of extra buttons about "you have a trial with us, are you really sure you want to delete"?
The replies are accurate and explain what people have been missing or misunderstanding.
Deleting account should be simple. I don't know why the system make it hard for users. I project has no users, it should automatically detected as abandon project and remove itself.
It really is not hard. Log in, go to profile, click "delete" and "confirm".
If you are stuck, you need to tell us more about what you are seeing.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- You can see people are frustrated but you are trying to make it look like their fault. Delete account simply means delete. All above cases are trial users and would like to delete these trials accounts and the issue seems to be linked to the billing owner. could you please open internal case to fix this and share status here. thanks!
At no point have I said it is the end-users "fault".
All the explanations here are, well, explanations. It is not my fault that people do not understand what they are doing.
There is nothing to "fix" here. The delete process lets people delete their accounts, but only after they've handed over things that the account is responsible for to others, or killed those off. It would be irresponsible (and generally, illegal) to not do that.
If you could explain what you would like changed in the process of deletion, please do raise it with Atlassian. (Whatever you come up with will need to be able to handle the legal side of responsibilities that people contracted for)
Great online software tools, however, the user interface for account deletion needs some user experience attention.
Unfortunately the inner workings of how your admin systems are modelled are being exposed to the end user and is causing a lot of confusion and frustration.
I have found myself in this account & product deletion loop, after trying to delete an account that previously used premium paid for features.
If Atlassian feel that they must keep hold of some personal sensitive data to comply with some legal regulation, this is not how to present this request to an end user.If Atlassian needs to keep hold of what some minimal contact information, say for tax purposes, then state this clearly in your privacy policies.An example user story, for the scenario where a single user is associated with an account and they wish to delete their user and product account, that meets the business need of Atlassian to record, recently reviewed, contact details for their record keeping.
Delete my account
The entire process needs to a smooth as possible, with the least amount of typing, clicking to other areas of your product and identity websites as possible. The current system, still can see the end user in a loop, without a deleted nor deactivated account, being pressurised to provide alternative contact details. As this can be a circular request, the end user frustration is very high. Hopefully this can be addressed in the user interface soon, to reduce support requests and improve user satisfaction.
I hope this possible explanation for the loop will help another frustrated end user.
The current process is already mostly that, in fact it is:
The second is not suitable for doing as a form, because there may be multiple variable questions to be asked and the work needs to be done in another system. That system has the links to the documentation on this, including the agreement you signed up for when you got the account.
I'd say the wording is not great, and the linking certainly could be better - "visit my.atlassian.com" should be a direct link to the page that lists all the systems you are responsible for for example.
I'm afraid that process is already as smooth as it can be. There are no loops or demands for alternative contact details, there are a set of questions about handing over the responsibilities you agreed to over to others.
The user frustration may well be high, but it's misdirected - the site could be better, but you can't get away from the main problem being people not understanding what they signed up for.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I think the frustration relates to idea that the "system" should be handed to another party.
If the "end user" is trying to stop using your product and there is no one else to pass the "system" onto nor do they wish to continue to ever user it again, who do you propose they now nominate?For instance a research project ends or a company goes bankrupt, which active user account do you anticipate should be nominated to be linked to the account indefinitely?
I think the notion of active online user accounts and product record keeping for archive tax purposes may be being blurred here. As at this point I think needing an active user to be associated with archive records is where the disconnect happens.Thanks anyway.
Yes, I see that, but the frustration is mis-directed. People are really frustrated because they have not read or understood what they agreed to.
>If the "end user" is trying to stop using your product and there is no one else to pass the "system" onto nor do they wish to continue to ever user it again, who do you propose they now nominate?
As above - delete the system (by unsubscribing, or cancelling the licence).
>For instance a research project ends
A reasearch project would probably not want to destroy all its data, it would archive or replicate what it wants to keep, or just hand it wholesale to someone else. Then delete as above.
>or a company goes bankrupt, which active user account do you anticipate should be nominated to be linked to the account indefinitely?
The receivers
There's no blurring of accounts and products here. An account is what is recorded as owning a system. Just because the account is also possibly how you access the same system doesn't blur anything. Have a think about how many things your Google, Facebook, etc etc etc accounts own...
There is no disconnect, there is a legal requirement to have an owner for an active system. That ownership is done via an Atlassian account, and the person that account belongs to was informed of this structure when they signed up (or for the older of us, when we were moved over to Atlassian accounts)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.