I have a user in JIRA which I want to de-activate. I have removed all the groups from his profile. When I try to delete the user, I got the following error:
https://www.diigo.com/item/image/3957j/d5ip?size=o
How I can deactivate the user? Some links suggested that there will be check-box to deactivate the user but I didn't found anything like that.
Please help.
To deactivate a user:
check this doc for more info
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Deleting+or+Deactivating+JIRA+Users
Note the difference between "de activate" and "delete". The error message you have is being thrown when you try to "delete" because you will be destroying information about the user and their activity.
You've already done the right thing by removing their groups - they will not be able to do anything in your system and won't count towards your licence.
When I remove application access and try to add more users, JIRA is complaining to buy more licenses.
I am frustrated.
That implies you are not deactivating them. Please tell us what you get when you follow the "deactivate user" instructions given in Rambanam's link to the documentation - what is different from the screenshots in there? (Other than the users name, obviously)
Here is the user I deactivated using the instructions, but, after I deactivated it, I still can't add a new user.
https://www.diigo.com/item/image/3957j/8j2p?size=o
Ok, that's definitely a dead account.
Could you have a look at your global permissions to see exactly what groups are named as "users" and "administrators". Then look at the membership of those groups
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.