I can add a User Story to an Epic, but I cannot add a task to a user story (as its parent)
Hi @[deleted],
Can you associate Task and Epic with the following operations?
Hi @[deleted]
You can add sub tasks to a story. Tasks are the same ‘level’ as Story in Jira issue types. You could link them but that will not behave as if the story was a parent.
In my experience teams break down stories to sub tasks
Hello @Tom Lister,Although not ideal, I'm Ok if the story does not behave as the parent, but how do I create the link between the two?
Hi Ollie Guan,I want to add task(s) to Story not to Epic!Any ideas? Thanks.
@Ollie Guan, Also, I'm using Kanban new-gen board, not a Scrum project with backlog.
If you go to Administration/Issue tab you will find a menu item for Issue Linking. This allows you to define a link with meaningful names for your purpose.
On issues themselves, the More drop down menu has the option to Link issues.
If the issue already has links, there be a + symbol there to add more.
You can link multiple issues at once i.e. start link from story and add all tasks.
Hi Shahbaz
This applies to JIRA server. The same options will be available on cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.