Hello,
Launching a new b2b ecommerce company. For this question, the focus is on the website, ERP and integration systems. I am trying to understand how to create a space structure for the long term. Would anyone have suggestions?
Short Term:
Build the website, ERP and integration systems to hit an arbitrarily selected launch date. :-(
- Website
- Technical requirements - # item records, # users per day
- Design - categories, attributes
- Item creation - creation of the individual items on the page
- selection of ecommerce platform
- selection of technology stack - Azure or AWS
- eventually epics, stories, etc in Jira
- ERP
- technical requirements - transaction flows between company and vendors, company and customers, etc
- on premise or cloud
- permission
- selection of erp platform
- Contract negotiations
- eventually epics, stories, etc in Jira
- Integration
- technical requirements - description of each integration, # of transactions per day
- select of integration platform
Long Term:
Documentation, Support and maintenance of the above systems.
What I am struggling with:
- Do I create 3 spaces for each of the areas above for the launch? When the launch is going on for each area above, do I create separate spaces for "product-website" and a "support-website", etc?
- Once the first launch is complete, do I create a "product-website v2" to manage the next version? Or is the product-website reused for the follow on projects.
- Do I create a top level space to as a container for website, erp and integration? (ie: product development)
Thank you for any input!