I am missing the priority icon in the next-gen board.The cards in the backlog and in the kanban board don't show it.
Is there way to make it visible?
Hi everybody,
the priority icon was released and is now visible if you configure it on the card layout.
See release notes:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Next-gen-release-notes-for-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/983083
Hello @Michael Buechele
As per the Atlassian's post about this
Basic custom fields
Create custom text, number, date, time, and label fields for your project's issue types.
Required fields, default values and more custom field types and options coming soon.
Priority and resolution per project is coming soon.
Complete post here
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773
I just checked on cloud instance, now the Priority is available.
You can add it like
Project settings -> Issue types > (select the correct issue type) List of fields is now available and you can add priority field and then click on "Save changes"
Hi @Tarun Sapra,
I think you misunderstood my question.
I can already fill in the priority, but the according icon is not shown in the backlog list or the kanban board cards. I have to open each individual issue to see the priority.
Here is a screenshot of an "old" backlog, these icons are missing in the new view.
Thanks for the screenshot, now it's clear.
Currently, its not supported, may be in the future.
See ticket here
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17268
Hello @Tarun Sapra,
thanks, but may I ask, why it is not supported yet?Is the next-gen project sort of an early alpha, or is it already meant to be used productive?
I'm not sure, if we can use this without such basic features such as showing the priority.
Any updates on this? Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like the current priority implementation is severely limited and not worth using at this time. In order for our team to pick their next task based on priority, they have to click on each task to figure out what their priority is. Is that correct? Are we able to sort by priority or do anything with them that may help with this?
I guess for the time being we can use tags to indicate priority instead of the priority feature. Are there any other work around recommendations?
I dont think the item youve suggested in the road map is necessarily going to reintroduce this invaluable feature that Michael has requested. Can we please get it added to the future backlog?
Agreed with @tim.nesdale and @Michael Buechele. This is such an important feature for prioritising our teams and work.
This is madness. Why is this not supported?
Based on a quick Google, I think either Tarun posted the wrong link or Jira has moved the information re: Priority to a different page. If you go to the following page:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Classic-and-next-gen-project-templates-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/862404
We see that it is in fact mentioned the text "Priority and resolution per project is coming soon."
I wanted to make sure we all had the correct link for where this was mentioned by Jira as a coming feature as we too also are needing 'Priority' in the Next-gen projects.
Thanks,
Micky
I think Atlassian should just own up and tell people honestly that Next Gen projects are experimental and shouldnt be used in a real business context cos they're nowhere near ready.
Hi @Michael Buechele
Thanks for the information. It looks like story point estimate, labels and assignee appear on the board and the backlog but priority dont.
Did you manage to get it ?
Hi @team,
yes, it is already working fine for me.I did not have to change anything myself.
The only thing that I now see relevant is that you add the priority field to the issue types yourself.
I have had the priority field already added to the issue types and we are still not seeing the icons on the board. I have tried both primary and secondary fields to no avail. Please advise.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.