We started a sprint with 2.5 days into it and we had to cancel it and start a new sprint due to stakeholder demands on sprint's work items. The only way we saw to cancel the sprint was to delete it which then put the stories of the sprint into the new sprint.
The new sprint we needed to move those open stories out, back to the backlog and the DONE stories were moved into the new sprint by JIRA.
The DONE stories I don't want in this new sprint since it is a completely different set of work items, but I want to move them to the next sprint when we will pick back up from the cancelled sprint.
We failed to write down these open stories when the sprint was deleted.
So how do I cancel a sprint and maintain its status at the point of cancellation and how do I move the stories that were DONE into a future sprint so my team doesn't lose track of them to review with stakeholders?
I hope this request makes sense.