I'm trying to write an app that's accessing JIRA Cloud API and until now, everything worked fine. When providing my username/email and password in basic authentication, I'm able to retrieve information about the project and all its issues. The problem is, when I try to access worklog it doesn't work anymore. The application is working locally only and I don't feel the need to implement any other authentication than basic, maybe in the future.
My application is written in Angular. For now, I had to install Chrome plugin to add CORS header to every preflight request so I can get the data via web app as a temporary measure.
What is more, when I access the data using Postman, it works. What can be the reason that accessing the data using the same credentials returns 200 for some resources and 401 for other? I've never suspected writing such a simple app could cause so many problems.
EDIT
All right, it turned out that the CORS plugin was not working they way it should have, I've updated the security by manually disabling it in Chrome settings. But now there's another problem - the POST method, which is actually the last I need to finish the app, returns 403. I still suspect it's connected to the CORS issue, so I'll try to proxy requests via an nginx proxy server. So I'm updating the question - is it really the CORS issue and if yes, is the nginx solution worth trying? I've never been doing anything with proxies so far so I'd have to learn it from zero, and time flies. Thanks for your help.