I would like to copy the release versions created in a project to other projects, or automate them to be defined in specific other projects as well. Is it possible? Or this can be done only manually?
Automation for JIRA add-on can clone, create, release versions automatically in other projects. No coding required, nice interface.
Hello,
It can be done only manually out of the box.
If you want to do it automatically, you would need to write a program or use an add-on.
For example, you could the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You could write a script like this:
string[] versionNames;JVersion jVersion;string pKey = "projectKey";versionNames = admGetProjectVersions(pKey);for(string versionName in versionNames){jVersion = admGetProjectVersion(pKey, versionName); admAddProjectVersion(pKey, jVersion.name, jVersion.description, jVersion.releaseDate);}
Thanks Alexey.
Do you think this automation could be done also with this add-on?
https://docs.automationforjira.com/
I am not sure but I think it can not be done with the Automation for Jira add-on
I managed to do it with automation for Jira add on, very easy. No coding required
Hi, I am looking for a way to move releases and issues attached to them to a different project too. Can you expand a bit on your answer as I am not finding that feature in the automation for JIRA add-on documentation? Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.