Hi,
You have recently announced the ability to create Road Maps in JIRA:
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/the-new-jira-begins-now
How do I enable this for my projects?
I can only see the Road Map Gadget:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/gadgets-for-jira-applications-861257078.html?_ga=2.61553199.2037091613.1543659953-1912327582.1490799470
Ivan
You’ll need to create a new project using the nextgen type and the roadmap feature comes with it.
The Roadmap feature is currently only available for Jira Cloud. Your link seems to indicate that you're on Jira Server 7.3.0 so it's not available. There is an Atlassian Marketplace partner that has a Roadmap app for that though: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215695/easy-agile-roadmaps-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
I am using JIRA Cloud. How do I activate the Road Map feature?
Is there any way I can copy over the history (including releases) from my existing projects to the next gen format?
Does the next gen project now support time estimates? When I tried that a few months ago I couldn't get time estimates to work correctly.
Just to help any other feature hunters out there, the estimation piece is now available in Next Gen projects (you need to switch it on in the features page).
Please note this is done in Story points, not days.
However you cannot have releases in a next gen project:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Release-in-next-gen-projects/qaq-p/924263
Which for a software project is a bit of a problem....
It must a Next Gen project (not a Classic project).
Hi John,
I did indeed discover this feature is only available in a next gen project. However you cannot have releases in a next gen project:
Love this feature - is there a way to drill down on the road map to see either % complete of the tasks associated with the epic or click on the epic and it would expand so you could see X number of tasks not started, X number of tasks in progress and the same for done?
Hi Beth - a little late, but Welcome to the Atlassian Community! :-)
You should probably post your question in a new post so more people will see it, if you haven't gotten an answer yet. I don't use Next Gen so not sure of an answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.