I've created a new project/board and although it's set to use time tracking no Original Estimate filed is shown on the sub-task creation screen. It is possible to log time against the sub-task.
The "Where's my field?" feature didn't help.
Help!
Hi Aidan,
Please follow the steps below in order to add those fields:
Once it's done, on create issue screen you'll see "Original estimate" field, if you don't see it then you may click on "Configure Fields" and enable "Time Tracking".
Thanks and regards,Paula Silveira
Thanks Paula, I can't believe I managed to miss this. My apologies. Best, Aidan
Hi Guys
I have JIRA 6.4 and Tempo Timesheets 7.1.
I have Time Tracking ON, and have Time Tracking field added to my default screens to the project. But I am not able to see the Original Estimate fields or where to add the Estimations in hours into my tickets.
Have followed all steps above and have done countless settings to try and get it - but to no luck.
Any ideas please?
I have the same problem - Time Tracking field is added but no Original Estimate field on default screen.
Seem to have the same problem here - JIRA 6.4 - Time Tracking field is present in screen definition, but no Original Estimate field showing up.
When logging time, users can change the estimate, but the 'original estimate' next to the edit field for the new one is always blank
In one project, when I edit an issue, I see the "Original Estimate" field, in another I don't. Can't figure out the difference between the two. Both have "Time Tracking" field on the screen. It's not "hidden" in the field configuration scheme. "Remaining Estimate" field appears for both projects. What's up?
Oh ... I might add that the "Original Estimate" field is there when the issues are originally created. In both projects.
FOUND IT.
I went to Time Tracking and turned off Legacy Mode. That fixed it for me.
I have the same problem - there is no "original estimate" field anywhere. Here's all that I see
Even in the Time Tracking area, Estimated shows a grey bar with "Not Specified" next to it.
Help anyone?
We are facing the same issue.
Did you manage to sort it in the meantime maybe, @George Tellechea?
Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
Any news on this?
configure-screen.pngtime-tracking.png
I've attached screenshots based on Paula's answer.
Hope it helps.
Thanks this was helpful
I could not find the Original Estimate field either after viewing Paula's answer (above). To actually see the field, I needed to "Configure Fields" when creating a new issue and turn on "Time Tracking" there. Screen shot below.
Thanks a lot Dave....it is working
1. Go to "Field Configuration" in admin mode.
2. Add your "Screen name"which your project is working.
The current interface does not look like this anymore !!!
Thanks a lot! for the screenshot. It helped a lot
good stuff.. this was extremely useful. As soon as i deleted the worklogs, i was able to view the original estimate field. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.