I am trying to publish few static html pages. I created a private repository matching my username and followed all steps mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/publishing-a-website-on-bitbucket-cloud-221449776.html
But still it gives error 'Repository not found' when I try to access static page from ***.bitbucket.io
Am I missing anything?
Many Thanks,
Are you still having this issue?
You should have a repository with the following name:
workspace-id.bitbucket.io
workspace-id
.bitbucket.io
After you add an index.html to the root of the repository you should be able to access your page at workspace-id.bitbucket.io - it may take a minute for the page to appear after publishing it to your repository.
Hello Tyler,
Thanks for the answer.
The issue is resolved. The solution that worked was creating new repository with accountname.bitbucket.org instead of accountname.bitbucket.io
This is misleading.
A static website contains coded HTML pages with fixed content. Websites hosted in this way will have the bitbucket.io domain in their URL. For example, if the workspace ID for a repository was tutorials, you would set the Repository name to tutorials.bitbucket.io.
bitbucket.io
tutorials
tutorials.bitbucket.io
What if you don't want a repo with your username?
Correct, the original answer is outdated. The name in the URL for a static website is the Workspace ID, not the account name (username).
I've updated the December 2018 answer.
was the problem solved
Hello all. I had the same problem and this was the workaround:
If your workspace ID is johndoe, do the following:
The workspace ID needs to be the same name as your repository, but without the .bitbucket.io, you add it only in the repository name.
Hope it can help you!
Thank you Tyler for the correct answer: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/BitBucket-Pages-Repository-Not-Found/qaq-p/933145
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.