Hello everyone,
So I've been setting up a software development team to use Scrum in JIRA. All is great apart of the vast inconsistencies I see when it comes to actually using all the reporting.
In short I would like such setup that I can make use of:
- burndown chart
- sprint report
- velocity chart
- version report
- epic report
- control chart
- epic burndown
- release burndown
Also I'm assuming the structure of Epics -> Stories -> Sub-task is used
Seems quite logical to be able to do all that but then again tons of problems appear when you start using this.
To name a few:
- if you estimate subtasks then the total estimate will not appear on story level hence backlog prioritization and picking sprint stories becomes a nightmare
- if you don't estimate tasks..people are confused where do they log their time - even if using story points and not time and even if you look as sub-tasks just like done/not done there are inconsistencies in the reporting and can't make use of the reporting.
So I've read a tons of posts and all I see are problems and no actual solution to use JIRA for software development.
I would love to hear how you boys&girls have solved this issue. I'd like to stay within JIRA environment and not use tons of event hooks and pouring data outside/ creating excel files etc.
Much appreciated any feedback.
Thanks