Using Jira Cloud and I have tried to recreate and import the simple Car epic as outlined in: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-import-stories-linked-to-epics-in-jira/qaq-p/373117
I get the error:
Cannot set value for locked custom field 'Epic Name' in issue 'Build a car' because it is not applicable for issue type 'Epic'
Input csv:
Issue Type,Epic Name,Summary,Epic LinkEpic,my-epic,Build a car,Story,,Build an engine,my-epicStory,,Buy tyres,my-epic
Hello Trevor,
That's strange. The import seems to be properly working for me.
Just to ensure we are not facing any incompatibility with special characters here, can you try to import the Epic Name without the hyphen (-)? Try the following format:
Issue Type,Epic Name,Summary,Epic LinkEpic,myepic,Build a car,
We will be waiting to know your results.
@Petter Gonçalves I have been getting the same error as well!
Hello Nikki,
Have you tried to import the exact CSV I described in my answer? Or you are trying to import a different CSV?
If you are using a different CSV, can you please provide us with this?
Additionally, are you trying to import that Epic to a Next-Gen Project or to a Classic project?
Going to put something together - see below! Thanks!
I experienced this problem as well, but think I found a way to trick it to work.
When you're mapping the fields, make extra sure you map the Issue Type field. When you get to the screen where you map items to items, check the Issue Type dropdown -- when I was experiencing this problem, the Epic issue type appeared twice! I double-checked in my instance and there was only one Epic issue type. Through a little trial and error, I picked the right Epic and my Epics successfully uploaded.
This sounds like a potential browser cache-related issue (but not going to try it again) -- I suggest you try that if you see two Epics (clear your browser cache) and then go through the import wizard again.
Your comment helped me!
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.