Hi. How do I retrieve the issue with comments fields via the jira rest API in C#?
Hi,
Just use the regular get issue rest call:
https://<your_company_name>.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/{issuekey}
You will get a json with all issue data, along with comments.
Hi Nir, thanks for your response. I am getting the issue information using the jql query but the problem is the 'comment' field is absent in the jql query response results which I think it's because comment has multiple entries. How can I specify the comment field to be included in my response results?
Please see the screenshot of my response along with the fields that were returned
you'll notice from the screenshot that the comment field is missing
Hi @George Chuene,
Please replay under this answer instead of creating new answer
Do you mean you are using:
https://<your_company_name>.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/search?jql=
?
If yes, and you really must use the jql for something, than you must run on your result also "https://<your_company_name>.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/{issuekey}" for each issue you got from the jql in order to retrieve the comments, that is the only way, you can't get comment from jql call.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.