I'd like the comments field not to appear in some transition screens. Is that possible? I've read similar issues that include the use of plugins, but they are quite old.
Out of the box every transition screen will have a comment field. You'd have to modify the source code for that. There may be a plugin that does it. However, beware if the plugin isn't supported it may not be available at the next version of JIRA.
Thanks Joe, so basically there are no means to do this without coding or plugins. Am I right?
correct.
What a shame. So either you have to code the stuff yourself or you have to depend on commercial plugins. I think there are enough companies which have this use-case so that there should be an improvement in Jira's core functionality. In the simplest form it could be a transition property same as the workflow status property jira.permission.comment.denied=true.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.