I am trying to figure out if there is a way for me to create a custom dropdown select field for which the options in the dropdown are pulled from an external database. We have a list of options which are always in flux (service locations), and consequently, it would be a full-time job to keep the locations in JIRA up-to-date. I would like the service desk portal to simply display the always-up-to-date locations from a dropdown that is pulled from a live database (direct to mysql, or i can create a json resource via http).
Alternatively is there maybe a way to procedurally update a custom dropdown select field's options? Perhaps a REST endpoint? I could easily write a cron script to perform the update every X minutes or on demand whenever a change to the location list is made.
There are plenty of options for pulling data when running JIRA Server, but we are somewhat devoid of options when it comes to JIRA Cloud. Makes me want to give up on Cloud.
Any ideas?