I want to add a custom field that is a user picker. I like to have a Tester(s) field to tag required testers for issues but the option isn't there and tagging doesn't seem to work in a custom text field. Solution?
Hello,
Next-gen projects do not have a user picker.
But why? Workaround?
Next-gen projects was introduced to Jira not so long ago. That is why it does not have rich functionality yet. You could use classic projects, if you need a user picker field.
Gotcha. Thanks
Hi @Shavonn Brown
We have released the user-picker field type, you can now find the People field in Next-gens. Right now is it only multi user, but in a few days we will release more functionality where you can constrain it to a single user.
Regards,Nate
Does this mutli user picker in next gen behave like an assignee where it sends out notifications to ticket activity if there are comments
Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong,
Currently no, sorry if that is functionality you want. You can open a feature request ticket here.
Regards,
Nate
@Nathan Sturgess @Jeffrey Bistrong @Alexey Matveev Hello, Is this feature available now ?I added a new custom field called tester of type people to my issue and I would like that the person who got mentioned in this field receives a notification whenever a change happens to the issue. I tried to create an automation rule but it didn't work.
What could be the solution ?Thank you in advance
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.