I often need to get word and character counts for the content I'm writing in Confluence. Is there an add-on that does this?
Hi @Moriah Scoble,
Unfortunately, there is no such add-on for word count, neither is it natively available in Confluence. Here is a ticket for word count feature request, in case you wish to vote for it.
As a workaround, you may want to use a browser extension/add-on to count the no. of words as required. For example, Word Counter Plus for Chrome.
Hope this helps for now!
Thanks
Sireesha
Thanks for the quick response. I see that your link took me to the ticket for Confluence Server. What's the easiest way to tell the Confluence Cloud team know I want this feature?
I just use the browser extension (also in Firefox). That way, I can highlight a section of text and get an answer. Otherwise you may be waiting years and years before Atlassian rolls it out (especially if there is a browser solution today).
One of my colleagues built this app during the recent app week for confluence cloud, It is still barebones, but if you're interested we can help you build one on your own.
Thanks,
Lava
I built the Word Count+ app
It provides a hilariously absurd amount of details:
@Moriah Scoble I'm a writer as well and I had to leave Confluence and go to Google docs to do a word count and character could.
So I built a solution, it works pretty well and super fast so we put in on the Atlassian Marketplace, take a look Word Count for Confluence Cloud.
It's the first cloud inline word count for Confluence and character count for Confluence.
I know lots of admins are working on moves from sever to cloud and need to make sure offer functionality have in server.
@Bill Bailey lol on the years, I'm writing three years after this thread started. I decided to build a solution. I just added it to the marketplace, would appreciate your feedback, it's the first inline word count and character count for Confluence cloud - Easy Word Count for Confluence Cloud.
I thought this app can calculate Word stats for the whole instance, but not just for each page separately. Quite disappointing
Hi @Moriah Scoble
AI powered Rovo is now available in Confluence which can be used to count the words, among many other things. Simply select all or a custom selection of text, and choose "Atlassian Intelligence" option and you can ask Rovo to count the words.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Sachithra
@Sachithra Dangalla these models aren't designed for mathematical thinking out of the box, and Rovo doesn't seem to grok that, either. It does not count words accurately for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.