Hello.
I want to add a new user macro, but I cannot find the place to do it.
Can you help me?
Hi @Paula Cristina Vaz,
I don't understand what you really need. Could you add some more information?
My understanding is that you cannot have user macros in Confluence Cloud. You may be able to package the macro as a plugin and get around it that way.
I'm using confluence cloud and I need a macro to list spaces by category, but I cannot find the place to add the new macro. :-)
Where can I add a new macro to my confluence?
in order to have a list if spaces based on their categories you can use the Spaces List macro (here is the doc URL: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/spaces-list-macro-724765290.html?_ga=2.120841613.448570383.1542192279-1125479650.1525245948) and select the option related to category.
Hope it works!
Thanks for the information, but it does not work.
I would like to have a page with two panels: one with the list of team spaces and the other with the list of project spaces.
Space list macro does not do the trick, because when you select teams in one panel, he updates the second panel. Is a very limited macro.
Thanks @Bill Bailey
How do I do that?
Well it is a bit involved. But here are the very broad steps:
And voilá, you now have a user macro as a plugin and it can be installed as any other plugin. Of course, I left out a number of steps. But once you have the process down, it is rather simple (even I can do it!).
Packaging user macros this way makes them much easier to install, especially on multiple servers (or when you have a group of macros), and allows additional files to be installed, for example custom CSS.
Hi @Bill Bailey.
Thanks for the answer.
We are using confluence in the cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.