We would like to enable voting in Jira Cloud, but I am unsure how to do so. Where is this setting?
Hey @Charisma Riley
If you go to General Configuration > Edit Settings > Voting. You'll then click the On button.
See image below. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi, @Brittany Wispell! We found the option, but it seems it's already enabled. How do we use it in our projects, then? Because the issues do not have the option to vote.
In your 'Permissions' of the project you're wanting to allow voting on, you'll want to make sure to add the specific roles that are allowed to vote. See below image.
Before updating this make sure that the 'Permission Scheme' is not associated to any other project you are not wanting voting on.
I hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any other questions!
What do you mean by the 'Permission Scheme'? Also, do I need to add all the roles listed here, including "atlassian-addons-project-access"? Is there a way to limit the project to specific groups or individuals? Also, is this screen available only during creation of the project, or can it be changed/configured once the project is set up?
Hi,
sorry but it seems you could solve the issue.
I am not sure if this is relevant or not.
In our JIRA all the provided setting in this post is already done but still there is no link or button that could be used by users to add the vote.
What is missing, in my side?
Also I can see a number on the Swim-lane cards saying votes number which is always 0, when I click on it, it is only opening the issue!
Hi @[deleted]
This answer could have changed in the recent changes to cloud.
If you provide some other details about your instance this could help me out.
I will poke around at the new features of Cloud to get a better understanding of what's new.
Hi @Brittany Wispell
Thank you for your reply.
Yes please I would appreciate if you can guide me through this.
I checked everywhere with no luck.
Recently in JIRA I would like to have voting on the created issues, and I managed to enable voting, and setup the permission for managing voters and watchers.
But the users can not find any button to make votes, on the created issue, however I found that I can add the votes number on the cards in the swim-lane.
This number appears as a link when I click on it, it just opens the issue view screen, and there is no voting button or votes number inside.
However I found if I click on this number with right click and open it in a new tab, it opens the votes static page with a a voting button if I have not vote on it before. is that normal?
I am also having this issue
I too am unable to find the voting button on both classic and new project types in both the old and new view. Does anyone have an answer on this?
Hello everyone,
Below is a link to the ticket for the Voting feature to be added to the 'New Issue View' in Atlassian Jira Cloud.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71251
In classic view of Jira Cloud this is still working if you follow the steps of the accepted answer above.
Thank you everyone for your patience and please let me know/this thread know if you find any other development on this issue!
Thanks Brittany. That's what it was missing. I up-voted in that JIRA issue to have the voting feature back in the new UI , ironic haha.
Same problem here - no voting button, although voting is enabled and project permissions should allow for voting.
I also cannot find any voting button in Jira Cloud in issues in my "Classic Software" type project.
Also can't find the voting button after enabling the voting feature and adding permissions
Voting only seems to be present on the old issue view, and with all new users automatically put on the new issue view this feature doesn't seem particularly supported in Cloud these days
I have the same problem
@Brittany Wispell
I'm also unable to add voting on JIRA issues in my Business project. We've enabled voting in the general settings and I've also setup a permission scheme for the project but still no success. It feels like this is really just a bug and it would be great to get clarification from Altassian on when this issue will be resolved. It's a key feature for our process.
If there is a suggested workaround, please provide us with instructions for the workaround.
We are having the same issue -
How are people mitigating this right now?
I am working on this as well @Peter Alouche. I will keep you in the loop! I created a comment here as well: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71251
+1
+1 problem only in the new jira commen view
Hi Everyone!
I am interesting to know if on Jira Cloud there is a way to enabling the voting feature per project.
Thanks, and regards!
Elia.
d
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.