I want to build an application that will retrieve Jira issues from different cloud instances in order to get some kind of aggregated view of all Jira issues that are dispersed on those different instances. We have many developers working for different customers each owning their own Jira cloud instance. We want to provide via a centralized app an harmonized view of all Jira issues assigned to each of our developer. Some of them can work for multiple customers at the same time.
I don't want to have user interaction required like in a 3LO Oauth. I want to fetch that information on a regular basis so it is basically a server to server approach with a web dashboard that will expose that information.
Am I forced to use Basic auth for that? The doc begs people to stay away from Basic Auth because it is not as secure as OAuth but at the same time does not provide alternative for my needs.