When creating an issue I would like to be able to create a Fix Version. I know that I have seen this functionality in the past, but I do not see it on my install of Jira.
Is this possible? How do I do it?
Hello,
You need to create a version first and then you can select it in the Fix Version field. Versions can be only created in classic projects. Make sure that you created a classic project, not a next-gen project.
Hi @Alexey Matveev thanks for your response. Did this functionality change recently? I know that I have been able to create versions from issues without going to the versions config. I am using classic projects.
There is an option "Create Version", when you choose a value in the Fix Versions field. If you choose it, then you will be redirected to the versions screen to create a new version.
Yea, I'm aware of that, but I used to be able to just add the version while on the issue. I did not have to go to another page. I'm suspecting that it is functionality that has been changed. The official doc explains the same process you mentioned.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.