Hi everyone.
As someone who's new to manage Jira's workflow, I'm trying to find a way to ease up the management of Jira tickets transitions.
The objective of this question is to learn how you manage the tickets transition in your current workflow and then learn from that if I can improve how we do it.
Currently, when a developer works on a sub-task, there's no automatic status transition of the parent ticket.
I was looking on a way to have a parent ticket's status transition from Open to In Progress when its sub-task is set to In-Dev.
However, our current workflow is something I've inherited and I'm reluctant to make changes that might break it.
The workflow is tied to the columns we have in our physical scrum board - this means that any change I do to the workflow, I need to change the columns on the physical board.
We have the following:
To Do | Testing Rejected | In Dev| Dev Blocked | Review | Ready to Test | Testing | Done
Given these columns, what changes you would make to assist in reporting if the User Story ticket is in progress because its sub-task is in development?
I hope I was clear with my question and I'll gladly revise it if it's not clear.
Thanks!