I would like to implement Issue Security across a number of projects to allow an external partner to view issues that are relevant to them. Since the vast majority of tickets in each project do not apply to them and I would like to keep them private, I want to update only the few tickets that I intend to expose.
But from what I can tell, it is not possible to set a default value for the Security Level field that will apply to historical issues (Although, any newly created issue can be configured to have a default value for that field). When I apply an Issue Security scheme all historical issues in the project simply have the value for Security Level left blank and is therefore viewable by anyone with Browse Project permissions (which is required to view anything in a project at all).
This creates a problem because implementing Issue Security would then require me to bulk update the Security Level field in thousands of old issues and across a number of projects to keep those historical issuse concealed. Doing so would damage any reporting or dashboards that pull based on the "last updated" value of a ticket.
Is there anyway to apply Issue Level Security that silently updates issues in a project with a default Security Level value without recording an issue update?