Hi,
I've been trying to enable time tracking on my issues but it seems to be impossible. I reviewed the Permissions schemes, and the default permission scheme seems to be ok. In "Time tracking permissions" sections I've granted access to jira-administrators, jira-software-users, administrators... I almost granted access to my grandma, but it doesn't work in anyway. When we return back to the sprint board, there is no option on the issues to log work.
I also tried to assign the permission scheme to the project as the documentation says. But apparently this is no longer an option (please Atlassian, update the docs), so I don't really know what is the relation between permission schemes and projects.
Then I found that maybe the Jira labs and the "new issue view" were tricking me. But no, even with that option disabled, there is nothing similar to "log work".
Maybe the "Time tracking" is disabled. Nope. Everything enabled.
Maybe I'm configuring something wrong with the groups and permissions on the permission scheme. Nope. The permission helper just keeps telling me that my user has rights to log work, and edit work logs, delete work logs, etc. But apparently my user can't do anything because there is no option to log work on any issue.
My user is site-admin, administrator, jira-administrator, jira-software-user, mother of dragons and some few more roles. So it's not a problem of my user role.
I'm just getting a bit crazy. This can't be that difficult. And it's something that should be enabled by default. This is really annoying because, at least for us, it's a key feature that we absolutely need.
So, what to do? Do I need to sacrifice a goat under the moonlight? I suppose we are missing something really stupid, but we just can't find it.
Please, if someone has experienced the same problems, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.