How do I specify specific fields to query so that I can export on what I need to a excel file?
For example I only want IssueID, Summary, Description and the two comments fields...?
First, you'll need to save your query as a filter. Filters are able to have custom columns defined separate from the custom column configuration you have set on the issue navigator.
Then, you'll need to click on the Columns icon, switch to "Filter," then select the columns you want in your CSV export. Once configured, you should be able to go to "Export > CSV (current fields)" and the columns you have displayed currently should export to the CSV file you can open and work with in Excel.
Here's a similar question with a screenshot of the "Columns" icon and menu in case that helps.
Thanks so much Alex!! This took me 90%!!
So if the field(s) doesn't show up to check the box, then I cannot discretely select it? There are two fields called "Comments" that don't appear there that I wanted to include. Thanks again sir!
Without the help of any Marketplace apps, I don't believe there is any way to export comments on issues into a CSV file. There's a solution outlined here, but requires this Marketplace app to execute.
@[deleted]The only comments fields that you can search for on a filter out of the box are Latest Comment and Latest Comment Date. But of course, those will only give you the latest comment, not all comments.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.