How can I create a view that shows all projects under a specific category (not the issues, just the projects), or all projects that I am the lead on?
You can't really, everything is focussed on the issues.
I can get you close though. Create a filter for "issue in category <x>", and save it. Then go to a dashboard (create one if you want), and add a new "filter statistics" gadget to it.
Give it the filter you chose and choose "project" in the statistics field.
You'll get a list of projects in that category, and the number of issues in each (as long as they have at least one issue)
For projects in a specific category you can use the Projects gadget, it allows you to select categories. To get the projects you are the lead for, create a query using project in projectsLeadByUser() and then you could use the Heat Map gadget and set the Statistics Type to project.
I tried that, but it's listing projects multiple times (like it's listing the project name for each issue in the project).
I tried that, what you have in quotes is not the exact syntax (I'm brand new to this)? For this let's say I have a project category labeled SUPPORT (and I currently have 2 projects marked with that category).
Is the Projects gadget listing the projects multiple time or the Heat Map?
Projects gadget.
Ah, sorry, I was thinking in code, which doesn't translate to JQL directly. Try filters like "Category = Support"
The other bit I forgot - in the gadget, check the "include resolved issues" if you want to see a count of all the issues, rather than just "open"
I actually tried that, but instead of listing the projects one time it seems to be listing the project for each issue, so for example I see "Fake project #1" 3 times (I'm guessing because there are 3 issues tied to it).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.