So I received an email talking the Roadmap feature for Jira cloud. When I find information on how to enable it - I dont have 'feature' in my project settings. I am also unable to find pricing information or if this is part of our cloud package.
What I found: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-955164013.html I pulled up one of my agile boards and then clicked on Project settings > Features -- But I dont have Features. (I dont see Features for any of my agile boards. ) So I am thinking this is a pluging or addon.
Has anyone else encountered this? Does any one have any suggestions?
Thanks!
In order to use the new Roadmap feature you must create a new project (existing projects can't use it) and choose the new Next-Gen template.
Cheers,
Elijah
Edit: Updated from Agility to Next-Gen.
Elijah,
I wondered about that. Thank you for the clarification!!
note the project template "should" be labeled as "Next-gen". "Agility" has been retired as that was the name used during beta.
Gotcha. Thanks Jack.
Anybody know if there are plans to put Roadmap in existing (non-Next Gen) projects?
Good question. That would be GREAT!
I don’t believe that is planned but you are welcome to provide feedback via the link under your profile avatar
What about Jira server? When will roadmaps be avaialable there?
There has not been any communication on when or whether this will be brought to Server.
Can existing project be converted to Next-Gen ?
No. You can create a new project and move issues over.
Thanks, hopefully it's straight forward enough.
My team would like to see this feature brought to Server as well.
@scgrimes, you might consider watching/voting for this suggestion - JRASERVER-68153. It is more specific to Next-gen project template but I expect it would be a precursor for the Roadmap feature just as it is in Cloud.
-
It should be added to existing classical projects as well
.
Can Roadmaps/Timeline be applied to existing project?
Of course - just create the Roadmap/Timeline and it will pull in the existing data if there are dates.
Thanks John. I have done that but nothing happen. -What dates needs to be set for Roadmaps to find them?
The Due Date and then you should also be able to use Start date and End date.
What type of project is it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.