Hello,
My company is currently evaluating a possible move to cloud from server and one of the things that we need to retain is the ability to nest groups. Is that possible in cloud? I don't see it in the administration or any documentation around it. If anyone could clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Hi Alexandra,
Currently, Jira Cloud does not have the Nested Group feature.We had a feature request suggesting this, but it was closed as "Won't do".- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-167For now, there are no plans to implement this.
If you have any other question, please let us know.
Regards,Angélica
While that is extremely disappointing, I do appreciate the quick and definitive response. Thanks.
You are always welcome Alexandra!
Nested groups does dramatically reduce the need to manage individual group memberships and therefore reduces the probability of errors. From my point of view, this decision makes the Atlassian Cloud less secure.
Guys with a more complex setup of groups, the missing option of "nested groups" in the cloud is really painful.... Maybe reconsider your decision? or is there a reason we as customers don't see? what is atlassian suggestions to manage the groups?
I agree entirely
10 years later and still not implemented.
What a bummer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.