I have created a custom field as "Task Members" so that multiple members can be assigned to some task/issue. But currently only Admin(Myself) can add members. What should i do so that other members of my organization (non-admins) can also access the above custom field??
My first question is how are you restricting access to the field? Out of the box JIRA doesn't have that ability to restrict fields to users.
Let me explain the scenario :
1. I wanted that multiple users to be assigned to same issue
2. So i created a custom field
3. But the custom field is under "Admin" of Issue Screen (i.e. Add Field)
4. I tried changing screens but nothing happened
5. That is my point i want it be outside so that my users can use it (just like assignees can be changed by anyone i want my users to change the custom field too)
First, issues can't be assigned to more than one user. Your new field won't take the place of the assignee field.
I'm not familiar with the Admin on the issue screen. That may be in the cloud version.
Yes i know that issues cannot be assigned to more than one user that's why i created the custom field to add multiple users.
I just want that custom field to be available to non-admin users.
Hi Joseph,
My query is similar but slightly different scenario.
I have a cascading custom field which i would want to delegate to some one in the Engineering team. it means any request to add values to that custom field they can do so without depending on the jira admin. Could you please help me out how can we do this in Jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.