I got the Jira email blast telling me that Roadmaps are available now. Great! But I can't figure out how turn them on.
I have viewed:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Getting-started-with-next-gen-projects/ba-p/914448
and I don't get the "Create project > Try a next-gen project." option.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-955164013.html
And I don't get the "Features" option in Project Settings.
I am the site admin, and we are using the cloud version of Jira.
What am I missing?
Figured it out:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Everything-you-want-to-know-about-next-gen-projects-in-Jira/ba-p/894773
To create a next-gen project:
Same problem. My Jira Cloud (trial) account still shows 99% of the old Jira. There's no notifications or tours regarding the new Jira.
I was really excited about Next-Gen, but I can't be wasting time trying to figure this out.
Okay the instructions at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Getting-started-with-next-gen-projects/ba-p/914448 seems to work.
It should be linked in the blog post and announced, so current users know how to access it:
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/the-new-jira-begins-now
Has anyone confirmed if it is possible to convert legacy projects to next gen? We have a ton of old projects; would be a pain have to create new projects and migrate issues over just to take advantage of the new features.
I would like to create a high-level roadmap for a number of different projects. is there a way to add issues from other projects to a next-gen project epic?
Tom,
Did you ever find a way to convert legacy projects to next gen?Thanks,
Mike
also, the generic visibility is lost across projects, even for admins.
It is also a pain to manager cross field definition, issue types and workflows...
-Gérard
I’m using free jira software. And I followed exactly the same steps you previously followed and I’m trying the last link but I don’t have the “agility” option
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.