Hello,
In order to align with the business needs, I need to be able to plan (and check executions) based on the activities performed by teams members on the task level.
Explaining:
The project is organized around user stories (e.g. as a user, I want a panic button to alert the team I'm in danger) and tasks (e.g. "meeting with customer to understand its needs" "Identify and design the screen with the new functionalities" , "implement changes in the front end" etc...)
There are plenty of properly logged (legacy) tasks (with time spent etc), so it makes sense to categorize them in order to have a better overview of the project and its resource allocation.
I understand that "versions" should not be used for such purposes, given it is related with the product deliveries, and "epics" are a collections of stories, that de facto, requeres a number of activities to be performed.
The closed that I could find for my purpose is "themes", but themes are related to epics so not suitable for my purpose given that I must categorize on task level.
For the side note, my intention was to categorize tasks based for "maintenance" "feature development" "analysis and design" and "customer relationship" --but may change/adapt those categories depending on the business needs, off course.
PS: I'm new to jira so please, so please feel free to point to documentation if this is already answered.