To make sure Customer Support does not forget essential info during bugreporting, we have a bugreport template working well in all systems ... except JIRA. It contains the following:
- Where were you and what happened?
- Which operation system?
- Which browser version?
- Which system?
- What is the link of the support issue?
I tried to add them as custom fields and replace the default "Description" field, but all custom fields appear on the right, shallow part of all "View" screens. The developers, specially on laptops can not read properly the data listed there. At the same time the left, wide side of all views is empty, as "Attachments", "Subtasks" and "Comments/Activity" do not use it up.
Can it be changed which side the custom fields appear?
Alternatively can I add a template text to the default "Description" field in JIRA?
Any other suggestions to make the data visible and/or give a guideline to the reporter?
And no paying options please. I hardly managed to buy JIRA and so far it seems not providing the most basic bugreporting feature since 1996.