This exact same decisions section has recently been added to our meeting notes without any changes from us, and appears to be part of the recent "Editing Improvements" discussed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html#ConfluenceEditingImprovements-workarounds
The confusing part of this is that you can create two types of "decisions":
You would naturally think that the two are the same based on the shared name (I just spent two hours looking into it trying to make the decision log work with this macro), but they appear to have nothing to do with each other.
Hi Chase,
I converted your answer on Linda's question What can Decisions be used fore in meeting notes? to a new question, since it seems your issue is a bit different from her question. Her example was on Confluence Server where this new feature does not yet exist. It appears on her template it just had a separate section added, and isn't the exact same template you're looking at.
It is quite confusing indeed that there appear to be two separate types of decisions. I have left that feedback with our developers.
I found the following feature request that's requesting that the Decisions made in Meeting Notes should also be aggregated somewhere:
It would be really helpful if you can comment there with your confusion and vote on the issue to help get it more visibility.
Thank you for our help!
Shannon
Good idea, thanks. I've put a comment on that feature request.
I have also commented and voted on this ticket. There seems to be no traction on this.
Hi Brenda,
Welcome to Community and thank you for your vote!
It seems to have a large number of votes and is quickly gaining traction, just seems to have slowed within the last month.
Thankfully by having this thread here, we can get more people interested in the feature, and maybe see it in the future.
Take care,
+1
Already upvoted in JIRA
I also was wondering what the fancy "Decision" macro was, and realized that it's just fancy way of making a bulleted list? I haven't really found any useful help on it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.