I'd like to update the "Start date" field of an issue to to the current date when somebody starts progress on it, but only if such an update wasn't done already (in the case the issue goes from in progress to done, then from in review back to to do). How would you do this with JMWE?
The field always has a value, since it's filled when doing the planning for a project with BigGantt's gantt chart. I'd like it to get automatically updated in case the issue is started before or after the originally planned date.
I thought of adding another boolean field (maybe a single choice select list) to the issue along the lines of "Start date was updated". The field wouldn't be actually displayed to users on any screens and would be false by default. Then in a JMWE Post Function I'd write some conditional Nunjuck script to update the date only if this field's value is false (and then also set "Start date was updated" to true).
Is there any easier way to do a conditional update like this? Do you see any issues with what I outlined?
Thank you in advance!