hi there,
being new to Confluence I've been tasked to build a documentation intranet for a mid-sized client. They need documentation for several departments. Can anyone suggest please whether I should just make one space for this client with then just pages and child pages for each department; or should I create a space for each department of the client?
many thanks, steve
I would recommend 1 space per team/department.
Hi @Steve Hastings,
I also would recommend different spaces. It's easier to manage the overall structure with different spaces and you get less errors like "A page with this name already exists".
Also, if you need different permissions per department, you also need different spaces.
Yes, having set up more than one Confluence-based doc systems, I do recommend separate spaces for a couple of reasons:
Thank you Danyal!
Thank you Thomas for your advice!
Thank you Bill. Much appreciated!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.