Can I add the new epics to existing stories, or add my existing stories as children to the new epics?
Yes you can do this. Are you having an issue w/ making this happen? You just need to update the Epic Link for the stories to point to the new epic.
Yes, on the next gen board, I don't have an epic link field on my story tickets. Thoughts? @Jack Brickey
I actually don't see the epic when looking at it's child story in the detailed view (although I see it on the backlog list), and Epic is not a field which is available to add in my project's issue (when following these instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customizing-an-issue-s-fields-in-next-gen-projects-951392551 . html
can you add a screenshot of your issue view. similar to below. if you have the Admin button then see if you can add Epic Link if it does not show.
Hey @Jenya Farris @Jack Brickey,
I'm a bit late on this thread but I'm glad you guys figured it out! Next-gen is the new name for agility project. If you want to find out more about epics and roadmap feature in this project, you might find this post helpful.
If you and your team is using epics and roadmap extensively, we'd also love to hear your thoughts. If interested, please book some time here. We'll send you amazon giftcard as a thank you for your time.
Cheers,
Erika Sa
Atlassian Product Manager
@Erika Sa, question for you on agility. Do the standard JQL epic functions work as before? I’m involved in this thread and wondering if it may be Agility related. Feel free to chime in there if you like. I plan to test it out tomorrow.
@Erika Sa - Per this thread... why can't you add the Epic field to at Story like you can in Classic? So odd.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.