I have some executive type users in my JIRA project that are only there to review and create tickets, but should never be assigned a ticket. Thanks!
I suggest using project roles and put them in a role that the permission scheme doesn't allow the role to be assigned tickets. You can also give the role create and browse only if you don't want them to be able to edit tickets once created.
Since you're new here is some other guidance that may save you problems down the line.
JIRA works by GRANTING access. You can't restrict access. By default, it grants access to the group used to logon (used to be JIRA-users but may be different on your version). This is probably where you're getting the permission to everything from. .
Hi Jeff,
did you have a look at the permission scheme of your project? There's one available called "Assignable user".
Best, Max
Thanks gentlemen, I'll check these out. I'm not that familiar with JIRA permissions schemes, so it may take a bit. I think our admin is just using defaults.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.