I have a few Confluence issues that result in missing content and I wonder if they are related.
If I edit a Confluence page, it is not uncommon to save the page and find a portion of what I have written to be discarded. This happens with brand new pages, and with edits on existing pages. In the case of new content, it is not possible to recover text from the version history--it just never made it on to the server.
Adding images, or especially using automatic bullet formatting greatly increases the chances of their being problems.
While typing bulleted lists, I occasionally see bizarre behavior in the editor. For example, when I type a space in a bulleted line, the cursor can jump backwards and eat the last word or line that I wrote.
When I observe flaky bullet behavior, if I save the Confluence page, typically the entire bulleted list will be missing, and possibly everything after that point too. The problem with bullets is so common that I now only add bullets after all text is entered. Formatting as I go is very risky.
I always see the reassuring notice in the editor that my work has been saved, but it just isn't true sometimes.
This is not an OS-level problem, or popcorn stuck in my keyboard, because it only happens when typing in a Confluence bulleted list, and it happens on multiple kinds of computers and any wifi network.
My perception is that this problem has gotten worse over the last few months. It is so common now that I have to copy and paste all my Confluence pages into a text editor before committing a save, so that I can re-edit, paste and reformat any missing text.
I've used Atlassian-hosted Confluence for years at multiple offices and it is only since about May of this year that I have had these problems.
I've long since turned off all my ad blockers and other privacy tools. Confluence should be running unhindered, but it is still flaky. Is there anything I can do to make Confluence more reliable? It has turned from one of my favorite tools into a real chore to use.