I have several projects some of which are internal only and some are designed to be shared with external resources.
I want to create a new user(s) (User.ExternalA,B,...) who I ONLY want to be able to see project (Project.External01) and have no ability to see any of the internal projects (Project.Internal##).
I am trying to do this as simply as possible, I created an ExternalUsers Group, to which I added User.ExternalA.
I then tried to add the ExternalUsers group to the "People" for Project.External01.
However if I can't seem to find the right combination of adding / removing groups to where the external user can ONLY see the external projects.
I tried removing the jira-users / jira-developers group from the users and from the project "people" but that does not seem to work.
This seems like it should be easy to do.
Note: The information in the internal projects is proprietary and therefore I must protect it from the external users.
Thanks