is there anyway to export the jql filter results to a excel file so it can be added up?
Hi everyone,
For Jira Cloud there are actually a few free apps that could help here.
Meanwhile both Jira Cloud and Jira Server versions today allow users to export search results into CSV format, which can then be imported into just about any spreadsheet application for further data manipulation.
I hope this helps.
Andy
On server you can export on csv i think its also possible on cloud. But you can't without plugin export to an excel file.
Regards
I see. how do I add this plug in?
You can make a search in atlassian marketplace i think one is caller better excel plugin
Hi Jon,
Give our app, Better Excel Exporter a try, it does exactly what you requested and even more complex exports and reports in Excel from Jira issues.
However, I saw you used the Jira Cloud tag on this question. Please note that Better Excel is currently for Jira Server only.
are there any like this for cloud? I don't need much just ability to export the list of issues into excel. all I need to do is get some sum totals.
I might be missing something but you can export the results of a filter without needing a plug-in by using the built-in export feature. You can select either HTML or CSV, both of which can be opened in Excel.
I use this but for whatever reason when I try to export and select CVS excel current fields it pulls all fields, but the odd thing is this happens only if I have other tabs open on the internet browser. if I do it when I first open up my PC its seems to work as it should but if I do it with other browsers open the export doesn't pull the right fields..
any ideas of why this could happen?
If you need to modify data and send it back to Jira (2 way communication), then you can use our Excel Connector for Jira:
You can check getting started section with some short videos with overview of features: Getting started
Cheers,Łukasz
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.