I have a project set up just as a bug database, nothing else. I am already struggling with the new JIRA UI, because the list that is the standard view for issues is far too basic. I literally need a database, and have had this view in other companies before on the other versions of JIRA which made it so great as a bug database! To be able to look at a database-type view, I can select "advanced search" when viewing issues to have a better overview.
The problem with this is that when this is selected, the user is switched to a search of ALL of my companies projects combined, just with a filter set for this specific project. If I then select one of the other preset filters from the left hand dashboard, I will open, for example, all "Open Issues" of every project we have running, which is a lot.
Is there a way I can limit this view to only one project? 90% of my team are only on this one project and I dont want to confuse them any more than necessary. They dont really even need to have access to all the rest of the company's ongoing work.