So, this might get long, so brace yourselves.
We are looking to try to add another hierarchy to solve a potential problem. We already use Epics > Stories > Subtasks. The problem with this is that in a single sprint, it's common that all the subtasks aren't completed. And ideally we would want to only carry the incomplete ones to the new sprint. Thus also discovering the issue that subtasks don't have the ability (that I've found) to add story points to them.
We want to be able to carry over the incomplete tasks to a new sprint, and account for the completed subtasks with points in the now completed sprint. Mostly for a better way of tracking how my team is doing. And right now, there isn't a way that I've discovered.
I've tried the Panorama add-on and it seems like it might be a poor solution for this, since it's just organizing work and it's not as clean as using subtasks.
So while adding a hierarchy seems to solve the problem for me, I'm open to other suggestions.