I created a new board from the drop down menu of the board. I was prompted to choose from:
- Board from an existing project
- (Boards can contain one or more projects.)
- Board from an existing Saved Filter
- (An advanced option using a JQL filter.)
I chose Board from existing project and a new board was created. But I didn't want the issues from the previous project, so I deleted them. Then I switched back to the original board (the parent of the newly created board), and no issues existed on the original board! The message was:
No issues here
Create an issue or check the board settings
What am I missing? I would have thought that I could have created a new board, but the issues would still remain on the old board, not get propagated to the new board, with the old board being an empty board.
I most certainly need them on the old board, so I'm not understanding the concept of creating a new board from an exisitng project. It seems like the issues from the existing project were removed from the existing project and propagated to the new project,,, where I deleted them thinking they would be retained in the existing/parent project. I'm new to this, so help me understand how it seems I've blown away a day's work, with a misunderstood menu option.