We have several projects running in Jira, used for different purposes. I just had a question from someone, that when choosing the date from the date picker, in inserted 1/nov/2018, but it says that the format is wrong - it should be d/MMM/yyyy - which I would say it already is. And it is also from the date picker, so it should be correct as default (Guess this is a bug?). We found that using 1/nov./2018 worked.
My question is, can you set a date/time format for a specific project? In my investigation of the issue, I found that in another project the format was dd/MM/yyyy. But looking at this community and by looking in google for answers, I found that it should be a general setting. Looking at the general setting in the "look and feel" section, it is set to d/MMM/yyyy - so how come at least one project is different?