Hi there,
I am trying to add the start date custom field in JIRA but cannot find the option to unlock it? There is no option other than screen in the field configuration section.
Regards, Phil
Hi, Philip.
While there has been a couple of discussions around unlocking custom fields, I would like to understand the purpose of unlocking the custom field in the first place. Can you please share the outcome that you are expecting by unlocking it?
The reason why I am asking is because unlocking custom fields can potentially corrupt the data in JIRA. So, please keep me posted.
I am trying to integration with JIRA and would like the set the start date on my issues so that I can use it in my integration.
Seems that if I enable the screens for the custom field, it appears and come through the API. Is there any reason it's locked then?
Cheers, Phil
Thank you for the clarification. I am glad to know that you were able to make the field visible on your end through screens.
These fields are locked to prevent accidental changes which can subsequently break the operation of JIRA which includes data loss and corruption. Additionally, the locked custom fields are used by JIRA or one of its plugins and modifying it can be harmful to the instance. I hope that helped to explain the question that you have here.
Hi Amad, thanks for the response.
One final question I have is regarding the formatting of that start date field in an API response. Is there a reason the format comes in as YYYY-MM-DD as opposed to other time field like created which come in as YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sTZD?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.