I'd like to use parallel sprints so I followed the instructions on: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-parallel-sprints-797737030.html
However, when I start another sprint; I still get the message 'Can be planned but not started until the completion of above sprint'.
Do I miss something?
Just noticed, it does not work in the new agile project. If you use the classic scrum the parallel sprints work just fine.
Create new project and use the classic scrum board template.
Unfortunately, not developed yet @Chetan
Here's the Jira issue to vote/watch for updates to getting parallel sprints in Next Gen projects: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17195
Btw, I'm using the cloud version of Jira software.
Hello,
Go to Jira Settings -> Applications -> Jira Software Configuration and enable the Parallel Sprints option.
Thanks Alexey, As I mentioned I already followed these steps. However it doesn't work.
Hi,
I'm testing Jira for task managing at my firm and we have the same issue. "Parallel sprints" setting does nothing, still can't start a new sprint without closing previous.
Without it this soft is basically useless for us.
Thanks for the solution.
Can you advise the steps to activate the parallel sprints in Business and Next Gen projects?
Thanks,
Kumar
We would also need the Parallel Sprints to work for next-gen projects. Kindly advise if there's already a plan to deliver this and the timeframe. Thanks
Hello, is there anyone who have solve the problem? Same issue here.
Same here. Been trying to figure this out all morning. Glad I found this thread. I can't switch back to the old projects because the Roadmap add-on we use doesn't work with those formats, but we *really* need the parallel sprint feature and use Jira cloud with next-gen projects. So basically we're screwed right now I think. :-/
Still not working when enabling the parallel Sprint option,Please help
I am facing the same issue with the next gen project. It will be great if someone can provide a solution
I am using a Classic Software project, have enabled the Parallel Sprints option. However, I still don't see an option to run parallel sprints. Any suggestions?
Yes... As right explain there us scenario and project requirement where multiple teams works on multiple development efforts parallel. so we need to activate parallel sprints accordingly. This can be done via below.
1. Login as Jira Admin user
2. Click on "setting" icon located at right hand site of corner -> then click on "Applications" -> then click on "Jira Software configuration" -> in Features enable tick on "Parallel Sprints".
Thats it. Enjoy!!!!!!
Hi Santosh...Like it notes above, even though you tick the parallel sprints, it doesn't work in the next-gen
Any time this feature will be on @carolyn french ? Any other way-round to do so?
You really need better documentation and some scenarios for how to set up the parallel sprints. the instructions are minimal at best.I want to run my current maintenance project at 4 weeks and my next gen project for 2 week cycles. I want to be able to see alignment, calendar, and overlap, etc.That currently isn't possible right? It's hard to tell without trial and error and that just causes a creating a bunch of junk.I am a fairly new user, so I may be overlooking some obviousness.
Any time frames on getting parallel sprints going in Jira Cloud? Really need this especially in a pandemic world with teams all over the globe. Please make this a priority.
So fthe feature to run parallel sprints is not available in JIRA cloud?
Hi @Carlo Markaban
Are you using a Next-Gen project?
If so, parallel sprints are not yet an available feature for Next-Gen. Please see this suggestion to add the feature, which you can vote for:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17195
Best regards,
Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.