Hey there,
tldr:
How do I move a JIRA issue from a Service Desk project (SDP) - Cloud to a Software project (SP) - Cloud, and still have JIRA email the customer on status changes and comments, as well as allow them to reply to the email and it log their comments to the issue? It does this now, as long as I leave the feature in the original SDP. I understand the move causes the old issue to somehow get deleted after the copy/move to the new project, but it doesn't seem to maintain communication abilities with the reporter and participants.
Background:
My company currently uses JIRA service desk project (SDP) in the Cloud for our normal IT Support, and we ask our customers to submit requests via email and the portal. All of which goes into our SDP. My software team also uses the JIRA Software projects (SP) for managing our backlog and communicating with customers. However, since everything comes in via the Service desk, I've been referencing bugs and feature requests found in the SDP from out SP Kanban and Scrum boards, and this works fine. We can comment and change statuses, etc. and our customers are kept in the loop via email; however, in trying to organize and separate out our Features vs. Bugs from the SDP, I'm finding that moving feature requests to our SP backlog (creating new issue numbers, etc.) causes the customers to no longer receive emails or have any clue as to how to view those requests. Even if I had to re-establish an email going out to them that references the newly created feature request in our backlog, I would do it, but haven't had any luck so far.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best handle this?
Thank you in advance for your time and any advice you can provide!